The True Cost of Kitchen Remodeling
When considering a remodeling project for the home, where do you start? Which room delivers the most impact? More importantly, how much will it cost? All are legitimate questions that deserve answers. Having all of the information at once helps you make an informed decision about where to invest your money, and how much of your home improvement budget to devote to it when hiring kitchen remodeling Miami services.
Get to Know What You Want So You’ll Know What to Expect Price-Wise
Renovating your kitchen is a wise idea because it is among the highest ishutttmpact areas of the home for buyers. To better understand what remodeling costs will be, however, it’s important to ask yourself a few questions. Doing so helps familiarize yourself with the areas of the kitchen that could use some work.
Things you’ll want to know before you begin:
- What type of home am I working on? Is it a single-family property or condominium. Condos are harder for kitchen remodeling Miami services to remodel.(parking, limited working hours, service elevator scheduling are just a few examples of increased costs)
- Will I be upgrading appliances or moving them to another area of the kitchen? Replacing a stove, refrigerator, and microwave comes at a cost. You also want the finish to match the rest of your kitchen, so it’s among the last things you’ll need to do to complete the room.
- Do I need to have the electrical system worked on? If it’s an older home, it may not have the type of wiring to handle heavy-duty appliances or the appliances may not have their own dedicated circuits required by code. Having the electrical rewired in the kitchen can prevent fires from occurring in the space.
- Are there walls I can knock down to open up the area? It may be one of the most efficient ways to create a larger kitchen. It’s likely more cost-effective, too.
- Should I upgrade kitchen cabinets? Sometimes painting them or adding new handles to them works just as well. If the cabinets are worn or damaged, a full replacement only makes sense.
- Would a tile backsplash add the dramatic flair I’m looking for? If so, which type of tile do you plan to use? Do you have a color palette picked out that will match the rest of the room?
As you can see, there are a lot of things to think about when it comes to remodeling a kitchen. Once you’ve got a sense of what you want to do, you can focus on the cost of renovating the areas of the room that need the most attention. You can invest your money into what will work best for you and your family.
A Breakdown of Costs
A full kitchen remodel without appliances could cost you anywhere from $30,000 to $200,000+. If you include appliances, you can count on packages costing anywhere from $5,000 to $80,000+ extra. To add a tile backsplash, you could spend up to $5,000 of your total budget on it. If you want to upgrade kitchen cabinets, allow up to $10,000 of the budget to be allotted for the expense.
That sum is calculated based on the amount of space the cabinets take up as well as the type of materials used to create them. There will be labor costs involved, too, so don’t forget about installation. If you’ve got the money to spend, your kitchen is the one room of the home that will pay for itself rather quickly.
See for yourself what makes us the best residential construction company in Miami. Contact us today for more information about our services, prices, and guarantees. If you want to work with a local team that values honesty and integrity, you’ve come to the right place. Give Bigfoot Construction a call today to discuss the project you have in mind.
Wondering how soon you can start your residential construction project? Review our post on how soon you can get started here. (https://www.bfcmiami.com/hiring-a-residential-contractor/soon-can-start-residential-construction-project/)